Changing your Password on the Library Web Server
To change your password on the Library Web Server:
- Log into www.library.yale.edu using SSH Secure Shell Client.
- open New Terminal Window (the 10th icon from left at the following screen shot) instead of New File Transfer Window (the 11th one which is most people get)
- At the command prompt type (if your password expired, it might prompt you to change it. Go directly to step 3):
- You will be prompted for your old(current) password. Enter your current password and hit the Enter key.
- Now type in your new password and hit the Enter key. Type in your new password again to verify it then hit the Enter key. You have successfully changed your password!
Your session should look similar to this screen shot: